Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Friday, February 13, 2009

postheadericon Heartbreak

It has been a heartbreaking day on the farm.

After feeding our herd, I went as usual to close up the hen house for the night. I did the head count and one was missing. Martha was not in the hen house.

We all went to look for her. My son Kahana said it first... I did see a falcon... a really big falcon sitting on the porch. I thought it was kinda weird. Then Jeff chimed in with "yeah I saw the falcon, I flushed him out from under the porch."

That was all we needed to hear and we knew we had figured out where Martha had gone. She was killed by the falcon under the porch.

A very sad day, indeed.


2 comments:

Jen Pietsch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Auntie Cocoa said...

I like the pic of Martha.....