Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Sunday, April 12, 2009

postheadericon Catch that Llama!



We have been working hard here on the farm. The other night after a long day of pasture repair and renewal I went out to feed the herd. But what to my wondering eyes should appear but a big black llama running down the road! After the initial shock of thinking that one of ours escaped, Jeff and I were off and running down the street. Herding a single animal in a wide open space is difficult if the animal knows you but even more so if they don't.

We ran him up our neighbor's driveway and into the open arms of his owners across the street. It seems the gate was left open and Nero decided to take a little walk-about. Kind of a fun chase, though!

0 comments: