Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Monday, June 20, 2011

postheadericon And Where Have I Been? Everyday is an Adventure!


I never thought one could be so busy and still not get it all done. Everyday is an adventure and if I don't write it all down right then and there by the time the next day comes with all its cool happenings it seems like a distant memory replaced by the next big day.

All in all it is you that are missing out on all the news. Here are a few of the tidbits you missed. I couldn't possibly remember all the cool stuff but...

  • We went to another show in Pasco, Washington. I got to drive the trailer over a mountain pass with snow! A real nail biter!
  • We did great at said show!
  • All of the herd is clipped and ready for summer.
  • I sheared a few of the animals myself this year- harder than it looks- but doable.
  • Brave Heart the hen is broody and with my luck will hatch out all roosters.
  • The haying is done.
  • We got a new lawn tractor (okay it is really a mower but is called a tractor for some reason) I am loving it.
  • The kids are out of school for the summer
  • The farm stand is open for the year and we have had lots of visitors
As I said if I don't write it down right away it is lost. I am sorry you have missed all of the fun but stay tuned anyway.

Here are a few pictures that Luke took at the Alpaca Showcase when I asked him to get ready for shearing by taking pictures of animals that had neatly trimmed heads. I wanted the photos to use for models to give us something to shoot for.

This is what he came up with- I should have been more clear.









1 comments:

docmango said...
This comment has been removed by the author.