Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

postheadericon Bald Eagle



I came home from town today and found that the chickens were all ‘cooped up’. Apparently we had a bald eagle sitting on the porch trying to ‘chase’ the chickens out from under the porch. Luke, my youngest had the good sense to coop them up.

Those crazy bald eagles! Wow, we aren’t on Sesame Street anymore! What a big, big, bird!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellow aunty peach,
how are youn guys doing? please tell kahana to check his blog. he realy needs to update it more often. how often do you see eagles? i have an optics set with a spoting scope if i get to visit you (please invite me this summer i love to fish and watch birds.)we can set it up on the porch. with all of the diferent kinds of fish around in the ponds and streams why did kahana choose to get fancy fish. i feel bad about martha, give kahana my regards. we loose a chicken here fairly often to hawks.
Gerhard

Anonymous said...

HiJen, I was checking daily for updates and then, bingo....2. Great stories about Badger, Mickey and the Bald Eagle. Luke was a true care taker of the chickens. Free range has it's dangers. Tell Luke "good job". The photo of the eagle is fantastic. So much for being eaters of fish. Thanks for the updates!
Auntie Cocoa

Anonymous said...

that pisture is of an eagle on jeses that hbird is not wild!
gerhard