Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Monday, October 19, 2009

postheadericon It is really fall!



This morning I knew it was fall, I could see my breath and the animals were all cushed outside with frost on their backs. It is wonderful to see the little outlines that their bodies leave when they get up. You can really tell where everyone slept.

Last weekend the kids and I spent much of the time getting ready for winter. Yard clean up, putting away of the yard furniture and best of all pumpkin harvesting.

About a week ago we harvested the 'pie' pumpkins (which I highly recommend growing, very satisfying) and have been curing them all week. I will post the directions for how this is done. We should be eating pumpkin through January if I did everything correctly.

Yesterday we harvested the last of the seasons tomatoes and the BIG pumpkins. It took two people, big strong people to lift a couple of them. Enjoy.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. Jen.... I want to come have some pumpkin!
Sounds like fun work! Love you