Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Monday, March 1, 2010

postheadericon Back and Better Than Ever


Okay so stop with the nagging emails I am back on the blogging wagon. I am back. To give you more background on my life. I also have a great half time teaching job aon another island even smaller than Orcas. It has been a busy couple of months there so I have been not keeping up with you. Your loss because it has been just crazy interesting and fun here. I have so much to share about the farm. You should see how the babies have grown.


All of the alpaca on our farm have registered names and then we also usually create their farm name. You know, what we call them because of their true personalities and idiosyncratic behaviors. The babies are showing their true colors and earning their farm names.



Orcas Moon’s Summer Thyme: Ahhh Summer. She has been dubbed Angelina Ballerina. As I mentioned I teach-prekindergarten. Angelina is a character from a book that we often read. Summer is a dainty little ballerina.


_______________________

Orcas Moon’s Sage Prince: Oh Please! Way too much name for him. We call this guy Buddy. He is an all around nice guy, my eight year olds favorite, and HUGE! Interestingly enough he is proving to be the slowest learner. He is a ‘dropper’ I ask him to walk and he drops to the ground like he is headed for shots. Which don't even hurt that much. I know this because last time I was giving shots I missed and hit my thigh. I sleep better at night knowing that I am vaccinated against clostridium perfringens type C, D, and C tetani.


_______________________



Orcas Moon’s Sargent Pepper- a.k.a. The Red Devil- If there is trouble in the cria field I know who is at the root of it. Itsy bitsy Red Devil. We have had a little trouble getting the Devil to walk on the lead. Luke was head butted by the Devil. Both looked stunned when they got up. Now he is getting the picture- he doesn’t go exactly where I want him to but we WILL get there.

______________


Orcas Moon’s Rocky Cilantro- This is the only animal that I picked the name for. He is a Rocky. Although we do often call him Tinker’s boy and dreamer. Rocky is a character. Hay is his thing. He doesn’t eat grain…at all (except once when my mother was here just to prove me wrong in front of an audience). His training is going better…not good but he has stopped leaping up in the air and throwing himself on the ground and acting dead. This was kinda scary the first few times but once Kahana and I realized that he wasn’t injured or dead it was funny.


That is the brief update. More tomorrow…yes tomorrow…I promise. It might only be a picture or something but something will get up here.


0 comments: