Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Friday, November 5, 2010

postheadericon Thoughts on Donkeys



Yesterday was a picture perfect fall day. We warmed up to about 68 degrees and the sun was shining. Sounds like a great day for a run, most days do to me anyway.

As I was running around Mountain Lake in Moran State Park I got to thinking about the donkey girls. Here are a few of my thoughts:

  • Why don't they smile more? They look like their heads are really weighing them down.
  • Why are they always hungry? They seem to have a little extra around the middle they could live off of.
  • They don't hurry...ever...one speed and one speed only.
  • How can they poop so much? Two donkeys can make as much poop as all of the alpaca combined in a day. Who knew?
  • What do they do all day? When the alpaca are standing around they chew their cud. Donkeys don't have a cud. Maybe gum is in order.
  • Why don't they he-haw more? It is one of the best sounds in the world.

0 comments: