Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Monday, January 24, 2011

postheadericon My Reading Life



Okay, so a well known writer, whose books I have never read, writes a book about books he has read and how they fit into his life to make him who he is. What a great book idea huh?

Well that is what Pat Conroy wrote about in his book My Reading Life. I thought I would share this book with you because I know I can look back in mark time and periods in my life with what I was reading.

From my initial reading of his book I could tell that he had a crummy life in many respects. I at that point almost put it down- there is enough of that in the world I don't need to read about his issues.

But I kept on reading and enjoyed

  1. The interesting stories he tells about who set him on the path of reading a certain book and how it effected him.
  2. Loved it when I had read one of the books he read and could reflect on how it changed him/me or reminded him/me a period of his life. This happens to all of us...doesn't it?
  3. When it ended. Frankly, I was happy it was over because I could go back and think about books I have read during different periods of my life.
See, so, I have saved you from having to read this book because I have told you what it is all about. Take a seat and think about books that you have read during dynamic periods in your life---ponder them.

If you still want to read it. I will randomly select whoever emails me with an interest in it and send them my copy- I have already read it! (yup- my copy-not new-so don't expect it to be)

Happy Reading!

emails can be sent to jenp@orcasmoonalpacas.com

Please someone take this book off my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Pat!

Anonymous said...

Great writer- would like to read it :)