Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

postheadericon Blowin' in the Wind


Carmen loves the wind in her hair!

Wow can you say windy?

Even though it cools things off our alpaca love to pronk when it is windy. Pronk you say? Yup it is this really cool run, hop, spring type thing they do. Imagine being able to spring off the tips of your toes and not have to bend your legs while you go way up in the air. The girls usually start the whole herd a pronking.

I have tried to capture this on video but it is just too mesmerizing to watch I don't seem to be able to stop watching long enough to film it. I instead have decided to share a couple of pictures of my team with their windswept locks.

The ever fashion forward Brooklyn

Autumn scanning the horizon!

Not to be outdone by the ladies Penny is stylin'

The donkey girls don't pronk but the wind has brought down a brand new madrona tree branch so they are happy as...well...donkey girls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they look like they are enjoying themselves!
It seems many animals love the wind. Horses race around leaping and kicking etc. I love wind blowing in my face....maybe there are energy ions being blasted at us.....(how's that for scientific!). Penny is looking very very handsome! Give that boy a hug for me......
Glad you're back!!!!!A.C.

Anonymous said...

happy to see your spirits are up and your humor is back!!!
uk