Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Friday, December 24, 2010

postheadericon The First Shall be Last


I know you are all going to get teary that today is the last day of the 24 days of Alpacas! Don't worry tomorrow we will celebrate the birth of Christ so you'll be too busy to read anyway.

So do you want to know who is the last Alpaca?

So do you have any guesses who the last alpaca is? Well I won't keep you in suspense it is (drum roll please) our very own Autumn Diva!!! aka Muncho, Martian, Sweet Breath, Baby Girl, Carmen's girl or what some tourists call her- that brown one.

Here she is the day she was born with her mom Carmen.

Here she is today!-

Autumn has been a farm favorite since the day she was born. She was sooo dark that she literally stopped traffic for the first few weeks after her birth.

We aren't sure if it is nature or nurture with her but she is curious to a fault. She is forever up in my face checking out what I am up to. She has pulled things out of my pockets while I was tending to other things in the field. She is a lover.

She has a few other names- big surprise. We usually call her Muncho- not because of her eating habits- though they are hearty- but because it is short for Munchkin Martian.

The first time she was shorn and each subsequent time, she has the biggest giantesst head.
I tried to capture the fullness of her head here but it doesn't do her doo justice.

Muncho is the best alpaca ambassador on the farm. She is first to greet and visit with everyone. They don't even need to bring her food- though it doesn't hurt.

She has visited with school children, seniors, and all types of tourists.



I don't want you to think she spends all her time being an ambassador. She is also busy winning ribbons at shows. She is our most award winning- so far.

Isn't she the full package? She is our very own Angelina Jolie (without that pesky Brad Pitt) Muncho doesn't know she is beautiful. She just is. That's part of what makes her who she is.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this is the end. I hope you'll miss writing as much as we'll miss reading. How can we urge you to continue with all the interesting information?
Thank you for the great 24 days (and all the previous ones too).
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

music

Blogs that I Love!
Rhubarb
Sheep Shearing!