Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Thursday, December 16, 2010

postheadericon When is a big thing Minnie?

Minnie

To start off on the right foot- Minnie is BIG- big, like tall and long legged -- not big like someone you are trying to set up on a date and say 'wow she has a great personality'. Minnie is not that kind of big. Minnie is actually fairly waif like- like a really tall ballet dancer-but fleecy.

Minnie is all things happy and good in the alpaca world. She is a little goofy- like a best friend you grew up with. When you come down to the fields she is always interested in what you might be up to. She has a kinda expectant, curious, looking for a little bit of innocent trouble look. If someone was going to pull a prank on someone and then own up to it it would be Minnie.

I was not there when Minnie was born. But looking at her now I find it hard to believe that she was ever- MINI- but I guess it rolls off the tongue better than Longleggity.

Minnie had a baby this year- he was full sized, not at all mini- and he is Minnie's pride and joy. She however gets a little absent minded and leaves him to fend for himself. When she gives a hum he comes a runnin'

One of Minnie's best features is her size and fleece combination. She is big and her fleece is fine- dynamite combo-

Big = Quantity
Dense = Weight
Fineness = Next to skin softness

Just look at those equations. Can you tell that I have my MBA?

Minnie who is white was bred to Onyx who is black. At our home we like to gamble a bit during cria season. We try to guess the sex and color of the cria. We have given up on the expected arrival date it is hopeless.

I won this year on Minnie!!!!!
It was a no brainer!--I didn't know it was a boy but I had a fifty-fifty chance.

Here are a few photos and you can figure out how I knew

This is Minnie's mom Mickey
(sounds like Disneyland huh? I don't really like Disney)
Look over Mickey's eye- what color is that?

Look at Minnie's chin-what color?


Look at Minnie's boyfriend Onyx.



Here is Minnie and her yummy same color as the spot on my chin, and above my mom's eye baby!!! Ranger!

0 comments:

music

Blogs that I Love!
Rhubarb
Sheep Shearing!