Jen Pietsch
Orcas Island, WA

I love spending time outdoors, gardening, running and raising my fleeced friends!
What I'm Reading!

Books I Love

Saturday, December 4, 2010

postheadericon We Three Kings...


Oh my goodness it has come to this. I am using Christmas Carols.

The next three days I will be dedicating to what we here on the farm call 'the little boys'. This name was given when they were indeed little. These boys are from last year (2009) when we had three boys and a girl. I am puzzled as to where to begin. We always talk about them as a group but when you meet them individually they are obviously nothing alike- except anatomically well almost. Mysterious huh?

The game is afoot! (Too much Sherlock Holmes)

Here is the biggest of the 'little boys'...(drum roll)

Weighing in at 21 pounds at birth..fawn and cimpy I am pleased to present


BUDDY



Buddy is from the year of herbal names so his 'real' name is Orcas Moon's Sage Prince- why such a big name? he was huge, and has only gotten bigger. Buddy was born on the day that the movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was released. Let me clarify, he was born while we were in Friday Harbor watching the release of the Movie.

Don't you just hate it when you miss the cool stuff. The movie wasn't really great, loved the book- however, there isn't anything better than watching a smooth birth.

We came home and well there he was. He gets his giant stature from mostly his giant (not freakishly so) mother, Ember. Ember is a fantastic Mom. You don't want to get close to her cria- she is a little protective (understatement).

Shortly after farmer Jeff took this photo we all had to run- Ember was getting a little defensive.
Buddy is a gentle giant with beautiful, lustrous, apricot colored fleece. He went to four shows last year and our boy took home a pair of ribbons from the two biggest ones. I am taking him to show again this year which is a big decision. It is challenging in my trailer to load a yearling male with all of my babies from this year male and female.

I will try, no really I will, to get a couple of more current, photos of him to share. I so wish everyone could visit with Buddy- he leads well, and is sweet, sweet, sweet. (I do not say this about all of my animals, just wait till you read about some of our less angelic camilids)



Well Ember I guess you were busy while we were at the movies.



Buddy being taken care of by mom Ember and his big sister Channel.



Almost ready to go to show.

0 comments:

music

Blogs that I Love!
Rhubarb
Sheep Shearing!